Building a retirement plan can be equal parts data and guessing game, but there are things you should absolutely know and plan for as you build your portfolio. That’s the focus of this episode, but the team also dispels the latest financial propaganda before bringing on Chris Payne to provide a spotlight of a client that wanted to rework her retirement outlook.
[0:32] – RYAN HAS SOME STATISTICS
- The average US adult holds $32,286 in cash
- 39% of Americans aren’t investing
- Cash in the bank earns almost no interest
[2:25] – THE RETIREMENT GUESSING GAME
- Is it science or a guessing game?
- How much are you going to need to live on a retirement?
- There is a simulation you can run to understand your finances better.
- The biggest expense you need to plan for in retirement.
[7:35] – RYAN & BOB EXPLAIN THEIR TOTAL FINANCIAL PLAN
[10:13] – THIS WEEK IN FINANCIAL PROPAGANDA FROM BOB
- Doom and gloom sells.
- Why something said nearly 200 years ago still rings true today.
- What we can do personally to balance out the negativity.
- Make sure you have an ‘All-Weather Portfolio’
[14:02] – THIS WEEK IN FINANCIAL PROPAGANDA FROM RYAN
- One major financial company believes a significant market correction could be coming.
- The guys give an argument against this latest report.
[17:00] – SPOTLIGHT: CHRIS PAYNE JOINS THE PODCAST
- The story of a recent client that wanted to move to someone who was a fiduciary because they didn’t currently feel like their best interests were in mind.
- What he found when he began looking into her portfolio.
- Why it’s important to have someone explain your level of risk.
- How much more she was spending in fees previously versus how much her portfolio should increase with this new plan.
“If you don’t know what you’re spending, you probably don’t know what you’re saving…” – No Payne No Gain Podcast